COVID-19 Information for Orientation
The following COVID-19 protections and procedures are now in place:
- All new drivers living outside a 75-mile radius of our terminals are provided a rental car to use during all of orientation.
- Social distancing is in place at all facilities.
- Enhanced cleaning procedures are completed at all facilities.
- All trucks are fully sanitized prior to new driver seating.
- Masks, disposable gloves, and hand sanitizers are provided.
In-Person Truck Driver Orientation Locations
New truck drivers attend a 3 day orientation at one of our terminal locations in:
You can learn more about our terminal locations on our Locations page. Orientation classes start on Mondays at all locations.
Truck Driver Orientation Process
The following requirements are performed prior to orientation:
- DOT physical and drug screen (at Barr-Nunn's expense)
- Human Performance Evaluation (HPE) - company truck drivers only
The following topics are covered in orientation:
- Road driving test
- Safety protocol
- Operational procedures and requirements
- Omnitracs Training
- Benefits review
- All required hiring/leasing paperwork
- Equipment inspection (Owner Operators)
Travel, Lodging, and Meals
Barr-Nunn will provide transportation for Company Truck Drivers at our expense. Owner Operators will need to bring their tractor.
Barr-Nunn will provide lodging at a nearby hotel. You will have your own private room. Our hotels all provide free breakfast items.
Barr-Nunn will provide lunch at our terminal during class days.